Hey folks, I have been absent from the blog postings for quite some time. Things are going well, ended phase 3 2.2 lbs under the weight of the drops. Now a few days into phase 4 I am about half a pound up. All in all I have put on about 2.6 lbs. Not from eating sweets or starches. Guess my body is getting used to eating again. Had my first regular soda in about two months (cherry coke) which is my fave. Would you believe that I did not like it. Actually prefer the Cherry Coke Zero and other diet sodas now. Even diet root beer tastes good, which normally has a subtle ass-like flavor.
Still hungry all the time, been snacking on homemade trail mix, fruits and popcorn. I bought the variety pack of popcorn from Fireworks Popcorn. Wow 12 different flavors, the Wisconsin Birch is my favorite so far. Found out popcorn is good for you, naturally low in fat and has almost no intrinsic sugars. plus a serving size is about 5 cups popped which is roughly 1/3 cup unpopped. Slowly but surely all of the usual snack foods have been replaced with a healthy substitute. I did have a snickers bar a few days ago. After leaving the shelter last week I stopped by my favorite vegetarian restaurant to order my absolute fave "Curry Supreme", next day gained two lbs.
Still trying to get the baking thing down. Chocolate Cherry Muffins, FAIL. Today made banana nut bread with pecans, stevia and grain sweetened chocolate chips. Very yummy, still missing something, may add oats or wheat germ next time to cut through the wheat flour taste. The chocolate I found at MOMs it has only 4gs of sugar and 70 calories per serving. The sugars are natural from the malting of barley and corn. Very tasty, different taste from standard issue chocolate chips and a little more expensive then the top shelf brand but worth it. One strange thing I have noticed is I am scared to eat sweets or really fatty foods. I have chips, cookies and ice-cream here, the only thing I begun to eat are the chips and the cookies were used in a cheese cake. All in all this is good, the diet has taught me not to over indulge and to be more aware of what I am putting in my body. Started exercising, mainly running been going well, in the next few weeks will add a weight regiment and biking.
See you next time
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.