Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 14

Down .4 lbs

Obviously my loss is fluctuating. All in all still making great progress. Coach says I am above average. Remember the Miracle Noodles I wrote about a few days ago? Well they arrived today, I went ahead and tried them since I bought two kinds, the angel hair is 97% water has less than 1 carb and is made from soluble fiber, zero calories, fat etc. Basically it has no nutritional value except for fiber, like iceberg lettuce. The other kind, has about 10 calories per serving and is made with Yam Flour, they look like Udon noodles only thinner. Some have had negative results, think its due to the type of noodle, many are healthy but have adverse affects on the HCG protocol. Before indulging I read about others trying them, there is an HCG cookbook that has recipes loaded with miracle noodles, specifically using the Angel Hair Pasta.

Today was a normal day, actually was not hungry most of the day, but did make myself eat, to stay on task.

Today's Menu

Lunch

Cucumbers and Garlic Pepper Chicken Breast
Strawberries

I cut up about half a cucumber and soaked them in white distilled vinegar with pepper, oregano and a pinch of salt. The chicken was steamed with garlic and pepper. Very yummy. The strawberries were awsome, since they have been in the vacuum sealer all week they continue to get ripe but not moldy.

Dinner

Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta with Tomato Sauce

Originally started with a 3oz serving of noodles, let the soak for about 10 minutes to remove the fishy smell from the liquid. While this was happening I tossed a handful of cherry tomatoes into a pan with some water, to let them stew and break apart. Added garlic, oregano and basil. The shrimp was steamed with garlic for about 3 minutes then tossed in with the sauce to finish cooking. The noodles were added to simmer in the sauce and take on the flavor (or lack there of). The sauce was kind of bland, I rushed through it, but the noodles were fine, tasted like cellophane noodles. To be safe I only ate half of the noodles in the bowl, and did not have dessert.

Almost at the home stretch, only one full week left on the protocol.

Anyway that's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.