Down 2.0 lbs
What a great day, not only did the HCG protocol go smoothly. I spent the afternoon with Coach, Mr. Coach and the Coaches-in-training (kids), and last but not least The FW (Future Wifey) at the park. I was feeling kind of poo-poo-eee (technical term) around 0200 this morning, felt almost like I did on day one. Everything was better in the morning, it may have been my body released some funky toxins from my fat stores during the night.
Coach and Mr. Coach are very happy with my progress, they both can see results, my clothes are starting to fit better. Normally my "President of the David Hasselhoff Fan Club" tee shirt fits kind of snug around the mid section. Now it fits like its supposed too, I must admit I suffer from a condition that a friend calls the Muffin Top Syndrome, this is when your gut and sides extend past the region of your belt. (like how a muffins bakes over the top of the pan). Slowly but surely I see the muffin being eaten away.
My HCG approved soda arrived, its sweetened with Stevia. I may have jumped the gun buying this before I started the loading phase. Gonna check and double check with others before trying it in full swing. If not I can save it for another non HCG phase. I am getting used to drinking only water and Tea.
Todays Menu
Breakfast
32 oz Mint Tea
Lunch
Spinach Salad with Garlic/Curry Chicken and Strawberry Chipotle Vinnergrette
I used apple cider vinegar as a base and used the chipotle pepper to cut the bold taste. The strawberries were muddled into the liquid. A little red onion was used for crunch. All in all very tasty, the apple cider compliments the chipotle pepper nicely.
Dinner
Hungarian Style Chicken and 3 Shrimps with Braised Cabbage.
A friend told me once that Hungarian cooking traditionally is loaded with Paprika and Garlic has he introduced us to Hungarian Sausage the kind that you can only get from the Hungarian Society in Chicago. These culinary masterpieces are loaded with garlic and paprika, served on a roll that is covered in horseradish and topped with relish. OMG effing awesome. You feel it two times on the way in and on the way out.
Anyway, back to dinner. The chicken was covered in Hungarian Paprika, and chili powder since horseradish would only stimulate the appetite. Hungarian Paprika is very different and much stronger then traditional Paprika which often hails from Spain.
I dry seared it in the pan to bring out the smokey flavor then dosed with water to braise. Next the cabbage was braised in Garlic and then all were combined to simmer for a few minutes.
All in all quite tasty.
Dessert
Orange
Thats all for now, thanks for tuning in.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.